Friday 19 March 2010

Personalised Plan (Targets and Next Steps) for Critical Investigation

Critical Investigation title:
An investigation into the idealisation of consumerism and materialism in Hip-Hop music

After recieving feedback from Mr.Bush and numerous members of the class, I have set myself several targets and next steps to take that will ensure I improve my critical investigation and achieve one grade higher then I currently have.

Targets:
Firstly, it is vital that I include atleast double the amount of quotes my essay currently possess (9). What's more is that only one of these quotes is from a book whereas the remaining 8 quotes have been obtained from websites. Therefore, I will either need to implement the quotes I researched previously a couple of months ago or find new quotes which would be relevent to include within my critial investigation. Secondly, I have only touched upon media theories and wider contextual issues within my essay and so it would be ideal for me to have more evidence of the research I have collected (such as audience theories relating to my chosen topic i.e. marxism and SHEP i.e. post colonialism and slavery). Thirdly, it would be good if I included specific lyrical content and music videos within my critial investigation essay that supported my argument. Lastly, I will need ammend my footnotes . Although I have produced footnotes I have not actually written them out correctly as the name of the book needs to be at the beginning of the footnote, in addition to being in alphabetical order.

Next Steps:

In order for me to achieve the targets which I have set my self I will need to firstly get a hold of atleast 10 more quotes which would be relevent for me to include within my essay. Furthermore, I will need to collect research on specific media theorists and their theories as well as wider contexual issues and implement what I have found within my essay. Moreover, I should pick out particular lyricial content and music videos which I will will be relevent to support my argument and talk about them within my essay. What's more is that I will need to re-write my footnotes as they have not been written correctly. This means ordering them alphabetically as well as stating the name of the book at the beginning of the footnote.

If I am successful in achieving my targets and carrying out my next steps I am sure that I will improve my current grade and achieve atleast one grade higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment